Skip to main content

Reminiscence: Malaysia HighSchool and Korea HighSchool


Quite few weeks back, I stumbled on a video on youtube. A documentary on high School

in South korea :

 

Interesting.....

Well, I only got the gist of South Korea's highschool by reading information available on the net. Basically, their schedules were like this:-

got from (here)

==================================||==================================

6:30 - Get up and exercise. Then, eat breakfast. After a few minutes, take a shower or

wash the face. Then clean the room and take roll call.

7:50 – School as begun. Free study time at the yaja or study room.

9:20 – Classes begin. Attend first of four classes (All 90 mins. each)

1:10 – Lunch.

1:45 – Finish the two other classes for the day.

4:00 – Clean the school with their team.

4:20 – Finish last class.

6:00 – Dinner.

7:00 – Roll call. Study some more at the yaja. Studying could go till 11pm with breaks

in between. It could also last till 1 or 2 am if there is an exam.

==================================||==================================

I'm not doing a research on Korean Highschool's life, so I wont get into details on that. It just that when I watched the video, I kinda got myself a super VVIP seat on a private jet plane. Destination: Keireen's HighSchool Day.  *Sigh*  I miss my highSchool day.

The history went like this...

(1998)At first, I went to a normal public school at SMKJ3. But after a month or so, I've got an offer for the second intake to study at SMKASR (ex-sharodzian here yall!). It's a boarding school. An All Female Boarding School at that!. And I do know that my dad exhale a BIG breath of relief's sigh when I got the offer. Not because I'm an unwanted child to be send away mind you, but because when I was in SMKJ3, I was sooo into the Sleep/Play AfterSchool Club that I barely did any studying. =___= Tho in my defense, those 1 mere month at SMJK3 was a fasting month. A fasting month!. what do you expect? Woke up, took sahur, get ready to school, walk to school, class begin, walk back home. I dont have energy energy left...that's why I took afternoon nap. Besides, the school was just started and I am in my "Re-Adjusting" mode. Kinda..

Anyway, I moved School after Raya Break. Leaving behind my first un-requited love. *Blush*. Ho My.. I still remember after me and my dad took/drop necessary documents at the school's office(SMKJ3), I sit at the backseat in my dad's car, my dad drove off away from the school's parking lot towards the school's exit gate where I saw bunch of late-arriving students lined up while prefect in-charge wrote down their names..... And that's where I last saw him.Sitting on the black-yellow-striped-brick with a solemn face(sleepy face?).....Yep....The picture will forever etched in my Memory Album.My Precious Memory Album ^ V ^

. . . . . . . .

way off topic....... but anyway, I got into my new school and, "Re-adjusting" mode were turned on once again. Anyway, looking back, my schedule and the korean's students schedule, I dont think there's much different. I think..... More or less. I guess... It's highschool...what do you expect? The stress and pressure are always exist among exam takers. But that's another entry altogether...

Below are my school's time table. More or less coz It's been more than 10 years since...........Anyway, I think every boarding school in Malaysia would have this kind of timetable(more or less anyway). Kinda....???


==================================||==================================
Weekdays
==================================||==================================

6:00 a.m. - Woke up. Perform Solat Subuh. Breakfast at the Dining Hall. Head to class. Finished up some homeworks that still not done =___=

7.15 a.m.  - (or is it 7.30?) Assembly. Every Monday at the school's Hall. Other days, in front of the School. (I really hate this part of the day. Why do we have to assemble every day for? )

8.00 a.m.  - (time is more or less) class starts

10.00 a.m. - (10.15? 10.30? *shrugs*) Recess. Eat time!(remembering the canteen's sambal..........truly one of the kind.....the mee goreng without the sambal is like a computer without internet connection.)

10.30 a.m. - Class re-start

1.15 p.m.  - (or is it 1.30?) Class ends. Lunch at Dining Hall. Get back to dorm. Perform Solat Zuhur. Rest a bit. Get Ready for Afternoon Prep

3.00 p.m   - Afternoon Prep done in the Class: (time for getting homeworks done/study/chitcat @ Afternoon Nap were usually a favourite installments for Afternoon Prep whenever there's no teachers/prefects patrolling around \ ^ v ^ / )

4.30 p.m   - (or is it 4.00? ) Free time/excercise(yeah right!)/Co-curriculum/extra activities (depends on the day, school will fix on what kind of activities to be done).

5.00 p.m.  - Rest

6.00 p.m.  - Dinner at the Dining Hall

7.15 p.m.  - Head to Surau for Ma'thurat, Solat Maghrib, Ceramah, Solat Isya'

8.30 p.m.  - Night Prep(again, in the class).

10.30 p.m. - Head back to dorm/head to dining hall for supper. For exam takers, they usually stayed back at the class for a bit. Or they continue to study at the study room at the dorm until pretty late (1 a.m. or 2 a.m....some even just sleep at the study room. Time efficient! )

12.00 a.m. - Lights off except for study room

==================================||==================================
Weekend
==================================||==================================
---------
Saturday
---------

6.00 a.m. - Do all the morning bits

9.00 a.m. - (or 8.30?) Day Prep (More study. Do the homework)

12.00a.m. - (or 12.30?) Lunch. Free time!

6.00 p.m.  - Dinner at the Dining Hall

7.15 p.m.  - Head to Surau for Ma'thurat, Solat Maghrib, Ceramah, Solat Isya'

8.30 p.m.  - Night Prep.....or not. Not too sure about this. I just cant remember.....or...is it we are free to do anything within boundaries except staying at the dorms? or is it Free Time and can stay at dorms??.....hurmmmmmmmm.... (=___=)    might be the latter)

12.00 a.m. - Lights off except for study room

---------
Sunday
---------

6.00 a.m. - Do all the morning bits. FREE TIME!!!

7.15 p.m.  - Head to Surau for Ma'thurat, Solat Maghrib, Ceramah, Solat Isya'

8.30 p.m.  - Night Prep(again, in the class).

10.30 p.m. - Head back to dorm/head to dining hall for supper.

12.00 a.m. - Lights off except for study room

==================================||==================================


That's basically it. As usual, for non-exam taker, if there's any free time, we opt to play around ^ v ^  




better stop here. I've got memory rush.

going to write stuffs about highschool again later before my memory disappear......

Missing the old days......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy On Me

Dah lama tak layan lagu-lagu sebenarnya. Layan lagu ni pun sebab Aina Abdul punya cover and this cover is currently on the loop. This song hits differently when I suddenly realized the meaning of the line "So go easy on me..." I was like straight away imagining the kids saying that line to me....and it feels so heartbreaking..and I feel so sorry and it made me tried harder to be better.. Honestly parenting is tough. Really really tough.. It's going one month more to full 4 years now where I became a single parent to 2 of my sister's kids. Life and things happened to my sister so I step myself in to take care of her kids. I thought then that it was an easy thing for me to do that, but no! Oh God no!! Ya Allah how wrong I was!! My first 2 years in was the hardest and I struggled with the sudden changes I have to made. The 180 adjustment (in every directions) I had to take kinda messed me up a little bit (emotionally and physically).   But I learned  All sorts of things.

A dump post

Rabu dah kejap je minggu ni dah tak ada dah emosional bagai. Alhamdulillah. Sampai tengok cerita Hotel Del Luna part sedih pon, bergenang pon tidak  Part scene sedih tu boleh tak terheran kejap. Cam, kenapa tak meleleh ni? sebab selalunya kalau tengok drama memang senang sangat air hujan turun. Yang aku perasan, diri ni tak boleh terlalu dry sangat emosi tu. Sebab dia bukan betul-betul tak peduli, tapi emosi tu akan build up dan bila dah sampai threshold dia.....mula la break down. Bahaya anyway Many things happened within this little time from the last post. Might be mundane things for others, but not so for me. On Sunday, I accompanied mak to her acquaintance cafe. we had a lovely breakfast together. An english style breakfast.....which is not to my liking and I kept on thinking I want Nasi Lemak! (which they have actually).  and somewhere along our conversations mak touched on when she's 'gone' thingy...I was extremely saddened by that. Like really really sad

Trying is all I can do

This week is an emotional wreck kinda week. Starting from Sunday evening all the way through the week, it's one rocky roller coaster ride. Rasanya hampir semua emosi yang exist this whole universe hadir dalam minggu ni.  Please no more.. Waktu siang tak  terasa sangat sebab serious busy, so otak tak pikir apa. Tapi bila time masa senggang.....Too much feels..too much thoughts... Minggu ni saja First time tidur sambil berendam air mata.  First time menangis sampai mata sembab macam kena tumbuk, dan first time tak dapat tidur sebab menangis. Tapi apa yang aku dapat minggu ni?  It's okay to cry So that I could function well the next day It's okay to feel so much So that I could get closure that I never knew I need And try to move on And to rely to others And to hold on tight on Allah to protect you and your family May next week be better much much much than this week. InsyaAllah.