Skip to main content

Ho Chi Minh City - day 2

The day before, we decided to change our hotel despite the good service. Location of the hotel is vital for us to fulfill our purposes of going to Saigon. So we've google'ed a bit, got some information on the internet, and booked our selves a room near Ben Tanh Market. USD37 for 3 person per night was not bad.

Change to Saigon Pink 2 Hotel
what's great about this hotel? Ben Tanh Market just a block away. And! there are TWO Halal Food Restaurant just in front of the hotel. Aint that the most convenient thing?.

The 2 Kedai Makan
Anyway, we reach our hotel around 9-10? a.m. and we wont be able to check ourselves in up till 2p.m.. So, we decided to leave our bags at the Hotel's reception(those were nice staffs. Thank god we were blessed with nice hotel services) and began our task as tourists ^^...but important things first. Fueled up our stomach's tank at Basiroh!

Tank fulled, hopped on to a taxi that just hanging around waiting for a customer in front of our hotel, and asked the driver to take us to War Remnants Museum.

Visit to this museum really does grounded us. There are photos that truly shows what happened during the Vietnam War. And if you have a weak heart, just have a little peek on those pictures. Notice the Old Photo up there? the one who have soldiers in it. That was US soldiers torturing a viet-cong? civillian? suffocating him by pouring water on his cloth-covered face. Skimming all those pictures on the wall, I realized, the US people(not all of course), they might have been "white", but their soul sure ain't that colour.

Moving along from those depressing building, we walked to the next destination. Reunification Palace. For me, it's not that far. Just 5-10 minutes walk from the War Remnant Museum.

Unfortunately, the place was closed for lunch? and will re-open back at 1.00 p.m. So, we got into a taxi, and went to the Notre Dame Cathedral for picture taking.


It's raining. But we don't care. Taking pictures is a must! And across the Notre Dame Cathedral was the Old Post Office. Convenience Convenience..gotta love that word.


Never been to post office that was also served as tourist attraction. They even have souvenirs shop there! Me and Imah have a mission. We bought postcards, send to anyone(in my case I sent to meself ^^ and my parents. That's the only address that's stored in my memory anyway :P) . 2 post cards and 2 stamps cost me less than VND50,000. Not even VND30,000 ! I think. Poor Memory. Should've jot that down.

Most of us were kinda tired after that. ALL of us were HUNGRY. So we decided to return to our hotel, have lunch and check-in to our room. This time, we have our Lunch at Kampung Melayu Halal Restaurant. Beside Hajjah Basiroh. That restaurant cost us around VND553,000 for 3 person. When we had our Brunch earlier that morning at Hajjah Basiroh, it only cost us VND150,000. A bit pricey eh.?


Checked - in to our room. The room was okay. There's space that we can use for praying which is always a good thing. But they dont have a bath tub. And the floor at the shower space will pool-ed up when you shower(a let down). All and all, for sleep purposes, it is a good room.


After we settled our things in the room and prayed and rest a bit, we back on the move. Gear-ed up! Vroom Vroom.. Ben Tanh Market!! here we come!!
The price on this market is RIDICULOUS!! Take note: when bargain the price, do it 70% off from the price given and go upward from there. And smile when bargaining. Dont give out sarcastic remarks. This world already filled with sarcastics goodies and we dont need another point for that. Oh ya. I forgot. Us 3, we bought Vietnam Silk. We choose which design we want, choose design of the cloth that we want to make out of that Silk, and they will make the cloth for us. On that night itself they will send the finished clothes to our hotel's reception. Neat right? Convenience. Again. The cost = VND600,000 (around RM90). Okay la. Not much different from Malaysia.

Not long after we entered the market, we hop into a cab(cab that shud be avoided at any cost) and got ourselves one horrible cab experience!!! A NIGHTMARE!!! And as mention in the previous post, I will make a post just for the TAXI information in Saigon. So that any of you readers planned to visit HCMC could avoid this incident. Anyway. Our next destination was Saigon Square market. There are nice blouses here! And I managed to grab one. ^^

Mom and Imah still not over the cab incident so we decided to rest a bit.

Imah geram dgn taxi driver, kelapa menjadi mangsa

Back to Hotel, took dinner at Hajjah Restaurant, and we have a walk at the Ben Tahn Night Market. Me and Imah bought hand bag! ^^ Cant resist bags. Nope..

This was one long day we had.

Sleep sleep sleep...


Comments

little daisy said…
Looks like you guys were having fun despite the taxi accident! ^_^

Love the pics,gorgeous... The story was very informative too, nice one.
keireen said…
Hehehe.. Thank you. we were having fun despite the unfun thing. Strangely my mood didn't affected that much by the incident. Thank god we are safe tho :P

Popular posts from this blog

Easy On Me

Dah lama tak layan lagu-lagu sebenarnya. Layan lagu ni pun sebab Aina Abdul punya cover and this cover is currently on the loop. This song hits differently when I suddenly realized the meaning of the line "So go easy on me..." I was like straight away imagining the kids saying that line to me....and it feels so heartbreaking..and I feel so sorry and it made me tried harder to be better.. Honestly parenting is tough. Really really tough.. It's going one month more to full 4 years now where I became a single parent to 2 of my sister's kids. Life and things happened to my sister so I step myself in to take care of her kids. I thought then that it was an easy thing for me to do that, but no! Oh God no!! Ya Allah how wrong I was!! My first 2 years in was the hardest and I struggled with the sudden changes I have to made. The 180 adjustment (in every directions) I had to take kinda messed me up a little bit (emotionally and physically).   But I learned  All sorts of things.

A dump post

Rabu dah kejap je minggu ni dah tak ada dah emosional bagai. Alhamdulillah. Sampai tengok cerita Hotel Del Luna part sedih pon, bergenang pon tidak  Part scene sedih tu boleh tak terheran kejap. Cam, kenapa tak meleleh ni? sebab selalunya kalau tengok drama memang senang sangat air hujan turun. Yang aku perasan, diri ni tak boleh terlalu dry sangat emosi tu. Sebab dia bukan betul-betul tak peduli, tapi emosi tu akan build up dan bila dah sampai threshold dia.....mula la break down. Bahaya anyway Many things happened within this little time from the last post. Might be mundane things for others, but not so for me. On Sunday, I accompanied mak to her acquaintance cafe. we had a lovely breakfast together. An english style breakfast.....which is not to my liking and I kept on thinking I want Nasi Lemak! (which they have actually).  and somewhere along our conversations mak touched on when she's 'gone' thingy...I was extremely saddened by that. Like really really sad

Trying is all I can do

This week is an emotional wreck kinda week. Starting from Sunday evening all the way through the week, it's one rocky roller coaster ride. Rasanya hampir semua emosi yang exist this whole universe hadir dalam minggu ni.  Please no more.. Waktu siang tak  terasa sangat sebab serious busy, so otak tak pikir apa. Tapi bila time masa senggang.....Too much feels..too much thoughts... Minggu ni saja First time tidur sambil berendam air mata.  First time menangis sampai mata sembab macam kena tumbuk, dan first time tak dapat tidur sebab menangis. Tapi apa yang aku dapat minggu ni?  It's okay to cry So that I could function well the next day It's okay to feel so much So that I could get closure that I never knew I need And try to move on And to rely to others And to hold on tight on Allah to protect you and your family May next week be better much much much than this week. InsyaAllah.